Recently I was chatting with girlfriends at a local cafe when I announced that a mutual friend of ours, a mother of two, was pregnant again…this time with TWINS. I nearly spit my coffee out when several of my friends blurted out at once, ” She’s having SEX?!” After some awkward laughter and a bit more discussion, it became clear that my friends, who were raising young families of their own, were caught up in the busyness and exhaustion of family life and had lost their mojo.
From that candid conversation and with Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, it became clear to me that I needed to write a post featuring style tips and tricks to help you get your sexy on.
Sexy is as sexy does!
If your closet is full of over-sized tops and baggy pants, chances are you are not going to find yourself in the mood very often. Sometimes you need to wear something sexy in order to feel sexy.
Relax, mama! You don’t have to show a lot of skin. Sure a plunging neckline and short skirt can be hot, but there are plenty of other options too. A little suggestiveness can go a long way.
Here’s a little sexy inspiration for you:
- Show some skin, but not too much – cleavage OR legs,(choose ONE).
- Wear something sparkly.
- Wear heels and increase your sexy quotient considerably.
- Paint your nails a vampish red or girly pink.
- Wear a blouse that is sheer and alluring or lacy and romantic.
- Wear sexy underpinnings. Try silky panties or lacy boy shorts.
- Wear a wrap dress or pencil skirt to accentuate your curves.
- If you normally wear your hair in a ponytail, wear it down and a little tousled. (An old friend of mine referred to this as “legs-in-the-air-hair”!)
- Paint your pout red – there IS a perfect shade for everyone!
- Carry a clutch instead of your regular day purse or diaper bag.
- Don’t forget the bling! Accent your delicate wrists or graceful neck.
- Wear cashmere, silk or leather. Luxurious and appealing.
- Wear a smile. Nothing exudes sexiness and confidence more.
Sex appeal is 50% what you’ve got and 50% what people think you’ve got.