I’ve always thought of accessories as the exclamation point of a woman’s outfit.
I firmly believe you are not completely dressed until you have added accessories. It is my absolute favourite part of getting dressed. Sometimes I will build an outfit around a certain statement necklace or pair of earrings I am particularly mad about. Much like sprinkles on top of a cupcake, accessories make an outfit look more polished, interesting and special.
It’s obvious to me though, not everyone shares my enthusiasm for belts and bangles and bling. I know this because accessories are often the biggest gap we notice in a client’s wardrobe during a closet consultation. It’s also one of the major reasons why you become bored with your closet. Here’s why these finishing touches shouldn’t be an afterthought.
7 Dramatic Ways Accessories Will Up Your Style Game
- They are are a quick and simple way to change the look of your outfit from day to night, casual to dressy and dated to modern.
- Accessories can add texture, colour or shine to an otherwise plain or flat ensemble.
- You can infuse personality into your look with the right belt, bag or necklace.
- A strategically placed accessory can draw attention to a particular body part you love and draw the eye away from one you don’t.
- One expensive looking piece can elevate your entire look.
- A sequin scarf, chandelier earrings or other dramatic piece can bring a sense of occasion to your outfit.
- They will make you look more polished, put-together and intentional.
Experiment with some pieces you probably already have at home. A simple LBD can easily go from day to night and from ladylike to sexy with just a couple of extras.
Infuse your everyday t-shirt and jeans with personality by adding a couple of carefully chosen items.
You can even dress up your most casual tunic and leggings with a bit of shine, colour or texture.
How would you like to show up at a store and have a rack of clothes already waiting for you in your size and in the colours and styles you crave? Sound dreamy? It is! We take the leg-work out of shopping to save you time, money and frustration. We’re experts at finding you things you love and staying within your budget. Maybe you want to update your look before the holiday season begins. Perhaps you want to start planting ideas for gifts you’d like to receive. Contact The Joy of Style today and find out how we can help you refresh or reinvent your look.